Each year there are numerous astrophysics and space science meetings held in Ireland, along with those held by the Astronomical Science Group of Ireland. In 2015 we followed up the very first (and highly successful) 3 day Irish National Astronomy Meeting held at Trinity College Dublin last year with INAM:2015 – held at Queen’s University Belfast. The venue for 2016 is yet to be decided, but will be held at an institute outside of Dublin and Belfast.
Meetings in 2017
Workshop to discuss involvement in the Cherenkov Telescope Array in Ireland
Venue: Armagh Observatory & Planetarium
Date: Friday, January 27, 2017
The Cherenkov Telescope Array (CTA) (https://www.cta-observatory.org) is a multinational world-wide project to build a new generation ground-based gamma-ray instrument with an order of magnitude improvement in the sensitivity compared to the current instruments and extension of the accessible energy range to above 100 TeV. This workshop will discuss opportunities for scientists across the island of Ireland to engage in the CTA.
more information can be found here
Meetings in 2016
Meetings in 2015
- The European Southern Observatory: Industrial Opportunities for Ireland (Trinity College Dublin, March 26)
- INAM:2015 (Queen’s University Belfast, August 26-28)
Meetings in 2014
In 2014, for the first time and to celebrate 40 years of the ASGI, the Astronomical Science Group of Ireland held a 3 day Irish National Astronomy Meeting (INAM:2014) at Trinity College Dublin. The conference pages can be found below:
INAM 2014 Conference (August 13th – 15th, 2014)
Meetings in 2013
- ASGI Summer Meeting, Trinity College Dublin (Friday June 7, 2013)
Meetings in 2012
- ASGI Autumn Meeting, Westwood House Hotel, Galway (November 9, 2012)
- ASGI Spring Meeting, Birr Castle, Birr, Co. Offaly (April 18-19, 2012)
- European Science Open Forum, Dublin (July 11-15, 2012)
- STFC Introductory Solar System Plasmas Summer School, Armagh (September 16-21, 2012)
- Heliophysics Integrated Observatory (HELIO) Data Analysis Workshop, Dublin (3-7 September, 2012)
Institute of Physics in Ireland meetings
The Institute of Physics (IOP) in Ireland hold an annual meeting at a different location around Ireland every year. This meeting allows physicists from the island of Ireland and beyond to meet up and discuss different themes in physics. There are awards for postgraduate posters, undergraduate projects and distinguished teachers as well as a number of public outreach events including interviews with physicists.
Send Chris Watson an email if you would like to add your meeting details to this page.